fbpx

My Favorite Sin
April 14, 2021|Short Story

My Favorite Sin

My Favorite Sin

In their secret headquarters, the companions of justice met to discuss and find a solution for the problems facing the world.

“I continue to believe that human overpopulation… will be a catastrophe that we cannot fix,” said James Cotton, fixing his mustache with one hand.

“A problem for another generation,” said Paul Gottard, raising his hand to call the waiter. “Serve another round.”

“What do you suggest? Murder?” Charles Irha asked before taking a shrimp among all the dishes on the table.

“We should have started years ago,” said Samira Eras, a stocky woman wearing a low-cut dress.

“We still have time,” said Finn Fiend, the youngest of the group. “What if…”

The companions of justice paused to pay attention.

“…we start a pandemic with some controllable biological weapon. Then we forced the people to be injected with another biological weapon.”

“How do you plan to do that?” asked Paul Gottard.

“Easy, we just have to say that it is the vaccine for the pandemic. After all, people are handled easily with fear. The second biological weapon will be supplied to the most vulnerable and those with the greatest exposure to the virus. This way we’ll create a civilization without doctors or elders.”

“That would increase death rates from childbirth,” said Samira Eras, with a smile.

“Without doctors people will die from trivial diseases,” said James Cotton.

“Best of all, it will be impossible to find those responsible. It’ll be a natural cause,” said Charles Irha, taking a piece of meat from a tray.

“Ridiculous! The problema will re-appear.” Samira Eras said. “It would be better to increase the levels of narcotics in their drinking water.”

“Of course,” said Finn Fiend, “but we’ll have solved the biggest problem humanity currently has.”

“It’s an excellent idea,” said James Cotton, “we should start to…”

Suddenly, the place began to shake making the plates vibrate over the table, and the companions of justice held tightly to their chairs. Then the ground began to open in the middle of the room and an explosion threw them backwards.

A dense cloud of dust made it impossible to see what was happening, but when it dispersed a grotesque figure with red skin and reptilian appearance appeared in their midst. “What I enjoy the most about my job is watching you torture each other.”

Finn Fiend blinked in disbelief at what he had just witnessed. But when he opened his eyes the creature had disappeared. It was just an earthquake, he thought, shaking his head.

157 comments

Sebastian Iturralde

Just a citizen of this beautiful planet, eternal lover of artistic creation and letters; with the certainty that the creative energy comes from nature.

157 comments

• May 3, 2021 at 2:26 am

Interesting! I like it….

• May 3, 2021 at 5:35 am

Enjoyed the journey but why must the threat be reptilian? “They are so misunderstood… “

• May 4, 2021 at 4:12 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed it. In fact, they are not supposed to resemble creatures from this plane of existence. It’s hard for me to describe a creature with bones made of stone.

• May 3, 2021 at 9:32 pm

You have nailed it.

• May 4, 2021 at 4:28 pm

I’m happy you enjoyed my story. I hope to see you back for my next story.

• NewGen
    May 4, 2021 at 8:17 am

When I try to explain this, all my friends would see me as an idiot.

• May 4, 2021 at 4:38 pm

Life is not like it’s supposed to be. I hope to see you back, soon.

• May 5, 2021 at 4:33 am

Thanks for looking in at my site, The news today reported a distinct drop in the birth rate in the USA so somehow your suggestion seems to have made sense to numerous fertile individuals. Nevertheless, at the age of 95 I saw to it to get inoculated against the virus. At my age the enthusiasm for procreation has dimmed to a large degree but somehow a bit of the old fascination is still slightly stirred at the rotating convexities of the properly endowed female.

• May 5, 2021 at 11:13 am

Change is rapidly approaching, just like you do, we’ll experience a life filled with beauty. Controlling desire has been our biggest fallback, even before the first book of the bible was written.

• May 9, 2021 at 8:15 am

I like this story in truth you hit the nail on the head

Mankind, just wants control over the population
    Those in charge. Which has gone on for a long time
    Even in Egypt, when the slaves became many
    The ones in charge, killed the male babies
    To control their mastery
    Still happening too many people, to keep under control
    Especially the elder retirees
    That is trimmed down now

• May 11, 2021 at 4:41 pm

I’m happy you enjoyed my story, and I’m thankful for your thoughts.

• May 15, 2021 at 1:38 am

Loving it

• May 16, 2021 at 6:13 pm

I’m very glad to know that you liked it that much. Come for more stories!

• May 15, 2021 at 8:37 am

Your stories are amazing. Your stories are not just stories, they are the reality of today’s life.

• May 16, 2021 at 6:16 pm

Literature has that magic of hiding truths in lies. I hope you can come back for more stories.

• May 16, 2021 at 10:59 am

Interesting. seems plausible when you put it as a succinct story!

• May 16, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Impossible to know for sure. For now we can only enjoy the future that is to come.

• May 17, 2021 at 8:47 am

You’re a very creative person. Your creations are so beautiful that everyone is drawn to your stories again and again.

• May 18, 2021 at 10:34 am

Thank you, I’m trying to keep growing. I’m very happy to know that you’re enjoying my work, tomorrow I’ll have a new story.

• May 19, 2021 at 12:19 am

My best wishes are always with you as a friend. What is your new story?

• May 19, 2021 at 10:45 am

I would have enjoyed it more if it was not true. I am trusting God to sort it out though. There are white hats out there that are fighting the good fight. And I believe they can win. I did enjoy the gates of hope. I believe there are/were real portals. Lots of lifes mysteries that may or may not be known by a select few. The world has many wonders, and we have minds to explore them. Love it that you do so.

• May 21, 2021 at 8:15 am

I’m sorry to know that you couldn’t enjoy it to its fullest, Chrystalkay. It’s better to be sure that everything will regain its balance since that is the essence of our energy. I think it’s true that the energetic mysteries are known by some, you better come back to read more stories and maybe you’ll find one of them.

• May 22, 2021 at 11:57 am

May I have your permission to re-post this story on my blog?

• May 24, 2021 at 10:29 am

Of course Pam and you don’t have to ask again. It would be a great reward if you did.

• May 22, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this, it left me with a desire for more. Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with the world!

• May 24, 2021 at 10:33 am

Thanks Brad, I really enjoyed creating this story. It’s a pleasure to share my craft with the world and I hope to see you back for more.

• May 23, 2021 at 9:19 am

Finally we can understand the origins of covid-19. I think we should let the CDC in America know how this pandemic started. 😉

• May 24, 2021 at 11:01 am

Don’t make me laugh… 🤣 Thanks for your comment. See you back soon.

• May 23, 2021 at 11:20 am

This was Wonderful.

• May 24, 2021 at 11:02 am

It’s my pleasure Hani, I hope to see you back for more stories.

• May 24, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Brilliantly executed narrative.

• May 29, 2021 at 9:17 am

Anand, thank you for your kind words. My weekly stories are created with love.

• May 25, 2021 at 9:35 am

Your story about the folks discussing the pandemic was so right on funny and accurate, I smiled for hours. The reptiles apperance was cool. Only you should gave allowed him to linger long enough for them to realize they belonged to him.

• May 29, 2021 at 9:39 am

Angelgirl, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it. I think people who make the most radical mistakes are blinded by their limits and don’t want to work to improve… if this was the last day of my life I would be doing exactly what I do, thank you.

• May 30, 2021 at 9:27 am

Blind people are sometime blind by their choices. If people would stop, consider, and listen to Him who created them, their eyes of understanding would pop open, their hearts become love filled for others, and life on earth would change for the betterment of all. I’m glad you are doing what you love doing daily

• June 2, 2021 at 11:14 am

Cannot fall asleep again.

• May 26, 2021 at 12:37 am

Particularly relevant to the current climate, very thought-provoking, though somewhat dangerous depending on who reads it and DOESN’T consider it fiction! lol. It was interesting and entertaining to see the various characters reveal their views- very apropos in regards to the pandemic and the incessant debates.
    Question- how DID you find my blog? Happy to share publicly, but just interested to see how it popped up in your world with your many posts considering I took a break for, uh, 7 years? lol

• May 29, 2021 at 9:59 am

Mel, you’re right… but I assure you it’s a work of fiction. The truth is that I keep looking for ideas in blogs that appear in the WordPress search engine. I was lucky to find yours!

• Enjoying my blog fiction?

Author's Message
    This short story has been carefully crafted with inspiration I got from the Andes' highlands.
    Language Switcher
    Enjoyed my craft?
    Patreon
    You could buy me a coffee

Welcome to RelatoCorto.com

Sebastian's Blog Fiction

Here you'll find all the author's creations in English and Spanish. Also his weekly stories in different genres: action and adventure, fantasy, romancescience fiction and thriller. Enjoy your visit and let your imagination run wild.

%d bloggers like this: